Sunday, May 16, 2010

Illustration Friday: Equipment


When you're a few million miles away on Mars you want to have the right equipment, in this case, a Hayden drill bit. I created this illustration a few years ago for a local drill bit company. When they ship their drills they would include stickers in the packaging. They hired me to create one with a light touch to promote the fact that one of their products was used on a Mars rover, which I thought was pretty cool. The requirements were to keep the colors under four plus black and the white of the paper for the sticker and try to include Marvin Martian from Bugs Bunny cartoons. I did not feel comfortable ripping off Warner Brothers, so I made my Martian an homage instead. It was a challenge to anthropomorphize the Mars rover. In the end they were happy with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow this is AWESOME!!! great work :D