Thursday, March 20, 2014

Gall bladder removal card


I enjoy making cards for family and friends and try to do it when I can. They're a fun challenge (most of the time) to make rather than slogging through stores for the right card.  I have been hesitant to post them because I've looked at them as a gift unique to the person I sent it to, but a lot of time has passed with most of them.  Maybe someone will find them inspiring.

In this case a family member was having his gall bladder taken out.  It was a good organ gone bad.  Who'll join the liver, pancreas and stomach?  One of the kidney twins?  The gloved hand would have come off better with the fingers facing out.

I thought about making a line of cards to dealing with serious illnesses and operations but never followed through.  Why not a card specific for a heart bypass or brain surgery?

No comments: