Monday, August 16, 2010

Tall Tuesday: Dancin' with myself

Growing up as the tallest in my school made me very self conscience about certain activities. School dances was one of them. I would think, "Do not bring unwanted attention to yourself and screw up any potential chances with the few girls who might be interested in you or give an opportunity for ridicule." It wasn't until I went on a school trip to Washington D.C. that I threw caution to the wind and shook a leg at the dance with two other schools that were in the program. There was no stopping me after that! Or as Adam Ant sang in "Prince Charming" - "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of!"



One problem with dancing with someone that you are nineteen inches taller than is that you appear to be dancing alone in a group. It's also awkward when the other person can't reach your shoulders during a slow dance.


ML and I had an opportunity to cut a rug at a wedding this weekend and could show off the results of dance class lessons. We learned enough to go from the basic step-around-in-a-small-circle dance to a crude box step. Dancing with the Stars watch out!


No comments: